11.15.2009

Wale's "Attention Deficit" making the hip-hop industry pay attention

Wale's Attention Deficit is raw poetry


Before I close this week out, I have to definetly say that Wale's Attention Deficit has been the soundtrack of my WEEK, and probably will be for a while.

I listened to it walking to class, in the car, while I did homework, did my hair and even in my sleep! Wale's album opened my ears and made me pay attention to his message.

My favorite tracks on the album are "Shades" featuring Chrisette Michele, "Let It Loose" featuring Pharrell and "Diary" featuring Marsha Ambrosius.

Wale came harder than most people thought he would. I've been there since "Natural High" was released.

I love how he is putting D.C.'s go-go culture on the map and infusing it with hip-hop.

He is definetly not a an artist to sleep on.

If you haven't got the Attention Deficit album yet, go get it. Tell your mom, sister, brother, bf, bff or whomever to make it an early Christmas present!





So Unjaded!

5 comments:

  1. ok you know something is t when ppl make facebook status about it, and it is even better when ppl blog about it. so I will defiantly try to get my hands on this CD ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza B. i agree his CD makes you want to just start writing or drawing or somthing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to this album twice on my way to school, granted I was stuck in traffic lol.
    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh okay. I never been a big Wale fan, but I may have to check this out. If you really a supporter of Hip Hop. Try looking up this group called Slaughterhouse. Collectively they are better than your favorite's rapper favorite rapper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly ima hard music fan and after hearing wale's album i was pretty impressed. I liked that he wasnt afraid to move beyond go-go and thats what I expected his entire cd to portray...2 thumbs up. And if ur interested in other things music, feel free to click my name and check out my blogs!

    ReplyDelete